|Job Description :
The Director of Events are responsible for coordinating and planning all the details of each event and/or hosted retreats. They will ensure that everything is in place and ready to go for the events, retreats, parties, etc. They are also responsible for managing vendors who provide services for the event.
The Director of Events must be a self-starter and have strong interpersonal skills as they work closely with guests, vendors and other staff members in coordinating the events. They must be detail oriented and organized to make sure the events details are taken care of and handle last minute requests from customers.
Director of Event Job Duties
The Director of Events has a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Create detailed lists of event requirements including activities, swag, catering needs, advertising and décor.
- Managing the budget for the event to ensure costs stay within the budget
- Create marketing materials to advertise the events
- Coordinating with venue staff to ensure that all preparations are made for the events
- Be on site for all events
- Manage the event by overseeing all setup, breakdown and event activities to ensure a successful event
- Arrange and setup audio visual equipment
- Coordinate with catering vendor to ensure that meals are prepared properly and on time
- Coordinate with venue staff to create a detailed schedule of events and activities for the guests
- Greet guests and teachers, show them to their room and around the facility
- Coordinate with retreat teachers to ensure teachers needs are accommodated
Director of Events Abilities
- Customer service skills – maintain a friendly and personable attitude, answer guest questions and respond to complaints appropriately
- Teamwork skills – working as part of a team, communicate effectively with other staff members to ensure events run smoothly
- Hygiene – working with food, pay attention to hygiene making sure procedures are followed for proper sanitation when preparing for serving food
- Ability to host, greet and help guests and teachers feel welcome at events.
- Ability to meet deadlines to host scheduled events on time
- Effective communication both orally and in writing
- Microsoft office suite
- Quilting knowledge
- Problem Solver
Could be any of the following: Schedule coincides with events/retreats
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday - Saturday
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability