Be Mine Heart Zipper Pouch
Taught by Kim Walus • Pattern by Bodobo Bags @ Ticklegrass Designs
The “Be Mine Heart Zipper Pouch” is a great project for even the newest bag-maker.
Grab your favorite mini charm pack or make your own. Then add a
matching fat quarter, a 14” zipper, some matching thread and some additional
interfacings (see pattern for details).
During Class each student will :
• Open the mini charm pack and have fun laying out the squares
• Sew the squares and rows together to create the outside of the bag
• Learn about the importance of using interfacings and how to apply to fabric
• Machine quilt a simple pattern on the outside bag panel
• Learn how to install the zipper to the outside bag panel and the lining fabric
• Finish constructing the pouch and turning it right side out.
|Skill Level: ||beginner|
|Skill Details: ||Confident Beginner Class|
|Instructor: ||Kim Walus|
|Instructor Bio: ||Kim Walus is a seamstress, crafter, quilter, sewing instructor, and pattern
creator who has worked in the quilting and crafting industry for over thirty years.
Kim has experience in creating her own quilting patterns and has
published 9 projects for Moda Bake Shop. She contributed two projects to
the Fresh Fabric Treats book published in 2011 by Stash Books, along with
contributing a quilt block to the Modern Blocks book in October of 2011.
She?s also had the opportunity of having one of her quilts featured on the
front cover of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine in February of
2012 along with another quilt featured in Quilts & More magazine in April of 2012.
She has lived in California, Utah, Florida, and Texas?each place she's
found a quilt shop to work and teach in. When Kim isn't quilting, she enjoys
being grandma to her six grandkids and mother to her four children.
Creativity is in her blood, and she loves making not just beautiful quilts but
many other crafts. Her classes will not only teach you how to make better
quilts and other projects, but will leave you with a friend as well.